Reynolds Band E-News
SPRING Week #17
Any family member (including band students) can access and subscribe to the newsletter by visiting news.reynoldsband.com at any time.
Important Upcoming Dates
NOTE: Grade levels or specific groups are listed in parenthesis next to each date listed.
Key: SW = Symphonic Winds | CB1 = Concert Band 1 | CB2 = Concert Band 2 | JB = Jazz Band | BB = Beginning Band
- May 1 - Percussion Ensemble Concert @ 6:30 PM
- May 8 - Beginning Band After School Rehearsal (3:45-5:30 PM)
- May 9 - Spring Concert for ALL bands (Grades 6-8)
- May 11 - Fine Arts Spring Reward Trip to Andretti (only for those who completed requirements and paid fees to attend)
- May 12 - NRH20 Trip (BB, CB2, Jazz)
Percussion Ensemble Concert
WHO: ALL 6th, 7th, and 8th grade percussionists from Reynolds and Rushing Middle School
WHAT: Percussion ensemble showcase concert
WHERE: Prosper High School Auditorium
WHEN: Monday, May 1st at 6:30.
- Symphonic Winds at 5:00
- Concert Band I and II at 5:30
- 6th grade percussionists at 5:45 pm.
WHAT TO WEAR:
- 6th grade wear jeans and your green Reynolds Band shirt.
- 7th and 8th graders: Formal Concert Attire
Students can enter through the Band Hall doors by the loading dock! This is a great time to show off the hard work that our middle school percussionists have put in this year. Students should plan to stay for the duration of the concert- about 1 hour- and putting away their percussion gear after the concert.
Spring Concert Information
Next Tuesday, May 9th!
Spring concert information will go out to students and families this week! Please keep an eye out for information to be shared. We are so excited to share the amazingly hard work our students have done this year with all of you!
- 6th Grade and Symphonic Winds: 6:00
- CB1, CB2, and Jazz: 7:00
CONCERT LOCATION: Prosper High School Auditorium
Reminder: NRH2O Next Friday (May 12)
Information At A Glance
DATE: Friday, March 12th
- Beginning Band: 8:30 AM (check in with first period teacher and then come to the band hall)
- CB2 and Jazz Band: 9:15 AM
DEPART FROM REYNOLDS: 9:45 AM
RETURN TO REYNOLDS: 5:00 PM
WHAT TO WEAR:
- Boys: Swim bottoms and band t-shirt with beach/water shoes
- Ladies: School-appropriate shorts with green band t-shirt. (Can choose to wear swimwear underneath attire or choose to bring swim clothing to change into)
TRANSPORTATION: Transportation will be provided to students
WHAT TO BRING: Small beach bag with a beach towel, sunscreen, beach/water shoes, and dry clothing to change into for the ride home.
PARENTS AND CHAPERONES: A chaperone signup form was sent home with the trip information sheets several weeks ago for any parents who wish to join us for this trip. We still have a few slots available for parents who wish to sign up.
PRICE: This trip is FREE for students! However, some may choose to bring extra money for concessions if desired.
LUNCH: Will be provided (hamburger, hot dog, or veggie burger with chips and a drink). For other dietary needs, please reach out to a director TODAY for other options.
TRIP COMMUNICATION: Please make sure to sign up for your child's SportsYou class! (Students can also opt in to SportsYou communication)
- Beginning Band: YHX8-YT5P
- CB2: S6H9-KFVL
- Jazz: ALWN-3D6P
- ALL STUDENTS: Must be eligible in both academics and in behavior. (See the information sheet that went home last month for more detailed information)
- BEGINNING BAND: Must complete the required pass-offs
- Earn 50 Band Olympics Points (unless otherwise communicated with the student/parent by a director)
- Pass Off any music-related pass offs for the concert.
- Attend the Beginning Band Full Band Rehearsal on Monday, May 8th from 3:45-5:30 PM
Great job August, Abby, and Thomas!
Dallas Winds and NTFD Performances
This week, CB1 and Symphonic Winds travelled to represent Reynolds in several band competitions. Information about our results will be shared with students tomorrow and then sent out later on! Students can find the recordings in Google Classroom (we are not allowed to share publicly) and the video as well as photographs can be purchased at the links below.
Dallas Winds Media Purchase Form
FOR CURRENT 8TH GRADE BAND MEMBERS
PISD BAND CAMP REGISTRATION IS OPEN!
PISD Summer Band camp is open to all CURRENT 6th and 7th grade band students.
DATES: June 5-9
WHERE: Rock Hill HS
WHO: Any current 6th and 7th grade band students are invited and encouraged to attend!
HOW TO SIGN UP: Scan the QR codes in the photo below to register in MSB! Current 6th grade students will scan the "7th Grade Link" and current 7th grade students will scan the "8th Grade Link".
📅 Spring Calendar Update 📆
For ALL Band Students
The Spring Calendar has been updated to reflect the MOST current updates. Please use the link below to access the most current calendar or please feel free to subscribe to the Reynolds Band calendar (link available at the top of this newsletter!)
🎵 BEGINNING BAND CORNER 🎵
Click the photo above for LIVE score updates!
Let The Games Begin!
HOW TO EARN PRIZES!
Students will be recognized throughout the year as they reach certain point thresholds and will earn a Band Olympics medal at the Spring Concert!
- 50 Points: Junior Olympian (minimum threshold to earn a spot for the Spring Trip)
- 100 Points: Bronze Medal
- 200 Points: Silver Medal
- 300 Points: Gold Medal
- Entire Card plus 3 items from the Bonus Section: Platinum Medal
There is still time to earn Band Olympics medals!
Videos and pass-offs continue through the end of this month. 1 more week to go!
🎵 Open Band Hall Practice Hours 🎵
Students who need extra help fitting in practice time can now utilize the band hall 4 days per week:
- Mondays - 7:45-8:10 AM
- Wednesdays - Eagle Time (Must complete a request in Google Classroom for drafting each week)
- Thursdays - Eagle Time (Must complete a request in Google Classroom for drafting each week)
- Fridays - 7:45-8:10 AM
😷 Cold and Flu Season Is Upon Us! 🤒
A Guide to Band Event Conflicts
When the vast majority of the band program is enrolled in lessons, the classes move FASTER and play BETTER MUSIC!
Private lessons are a vital and necessary part of any successful band program. When the majority of a program is involved in lessons, the classes perform at a much higher level and the students enjoy a far better band experience. Your child's band directors all took private lessons as band students!
Symphonic Winds students: Just a friendly reminder that private lessons are a required aspect of participation in the Symphonic Winds course.
WHY LESSONS? Mr. Alstrin, our director of fine arts, has a lot to say about the importance of private lessons to any music program! Visit THIS LINK to see what he has to say.
HOW TO ENROLL: If your child is NOT already enrolled in lessons with one of the talented Prosper ISD lesson staff members, please visit reynoldsband.com/lessons to learn more and to complete the enrollment form. Once your enrollment form is completed, Ms. Taylor will send your information to a lesson teacher, who will reach out to you directly to get your child started!
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Visit reynoldsband.com/lessons to learn more today!